Keegan just finished up his first swimming class! He has now passed Level A and is moving on to Level B in a few weeks. This first session was fun. After his initial freak-out, he warmed up quickly and had a blast the rest of the time. He even got lucky a couple times and had some one-on-one lessons when the other kids didn't show. Here are some pics from his final lesson. They covered a little water safety (the life vests) and then had an opportunity to go down the slide into the pool. Keegan was the only one to do it in his class! I was so proud of him, and Aunt Jessie was even there to see him. Jessie had come up for some orientation at PSU and spent the night. Keegan and Kayden LOVED having her around. 
It was nice to wake up and not have to run to swimming lessons this morning. I will definitely enjoy the break! For now, the countdown is on to the boys' birthdays. June is SUCH a busy month for us! Every morning Keegan asks me how many more days until his birthday (we are down to 11 days). Kayden will be one in 24 more days, and Zach and I will celebrate 5 years of fantastic marriage the day after Kayden is 1!! (As a disclaimer, I absolutely refuse to have any more kids born in June.)
More of our friends leave this week. For all of you out there, I promise, Oregon really isn't that bad! Zach and I did pull out of our "abandonment depression" and chatted it up with some new couples at church and at a ward service project. We are excited to get to know them better! The ward service project was fun, I wish I had brought my camera! We were cleaning up the grounds of a elementary school in our ward boundaries. Keegan was a hard worker! I had the two boys, Kayden in the stroller who eventually konked out for a bumpy nap, as Keegan and I drug large branches back and forth between the pile of limbs and the dumpster. I can't believe Kayden slept through it, I was sure his brains were getting jolted out! After finishing up with those piles, Keegan went over to help Zach while I gave Kayden a break from being tossed around. Keegan happily spread bark mulch with Daddy and just worked so hard! We were really proud of him, it was a great activity and I'm glad we were able to go and offer service together as a family!
This coming weekend should be exciting - I'm sure I will have lots of pictures to post from it. My little brother is graduating from high school!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!! I can't believe how much he has changed. I'm excited to be there this weekend with him. We love you Josh!
Monday, June 2, 2008
Fish in the water
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Way to go, Keegan! That reminds me that I really need to get Ty into swimming lessons. Sounds like he loved it. I think Ty will, too!
Did you notice the cool swim trunks and shirt from Grandma? Way to go Keegan. We are so proud of you. Can't wait to have everyone here for Josh!
Yay Keegan! I love seein' little kids swim!!!
Awesome! Lilly wants to take swimming, so we might sign her up for summer. :D
He has gotten pretty couragous about the swimming from where he started out. Th swim suite is cool. It's going to be a crazy weekend with you guys and Jayme and Virginia and Josh graduating....should be exciting around here. Plus b-days to celebrate...watch out.
Glad Keegan likes swimming lessons!! We still think of you guys all the time!!
Post a Comment