And by the way, I'm a slacker. I wish I could say I've been busy and so I haven't been able to blog, but mostly, I've just been too lazy!
This weekend brought the close of the Glasmann family in public schools. Josh graduated!!!!!!!! Little bro Josh, now 18 years old and finished with high school, BYU-bound, all grown up and savin' China! I can't believe how fast this has come. It was pretty fun to see him out there in his cap and gown, walking across the stage and accepting his diploma. It made me remember my graduation, which seems so long ago (ugh, 7 years?? I am so old). It was fun, more than a little weird, but mostly exciting to see him have this moment in his life. More exciting, was that the Sunday before, we were there to hear him ordained an Elder. What a neat and spiritual experience! Concluded with a typical Glasmann moment - Jessie saying the prayer, blessing the pie "to be good" and closing, and then we siblings burst into laughter. Jayme (my oldest bro) had earlier commented on how he finds the blessing of refreshments to be good so funny - because then when you take a bite of the food, and it is good, lo and behold, an answered prayer! I know, we are one of a kind, what can I say. But really, it was so neat to be there as he was ordained. The whole weekend was different for Zach and I, as we found ourselves mostly thinking about the future as we experienced all of this. It was funny to be making a comment to each other only to exclaim "that's exactly what I was thinking!" It was interesting to think about what this will be like for us someday. Zach ordaining Keegan and Kayden to be Elders, their names being called out as they accept their diplomas. I am so glad this is all a long way off, but still, you can't help but think about what it will be like with our own kids. CrAzY!
It was also fun to have Jayme and Virginia back in Oregon! They have moved back here and will soon be moving into an apartment somewhere in the Willamette Valley as Jayme plans to attend grad school and Virginia will be preparing for the arrival of their first lil' munchkin. It's going to be fun to have the siblings close again!
I wish I could post a bunch of pictures of the weekend, but my camera got buried and forgotten. There were some priceless moments that I want to remember though.
Such as:
Riley (the family dog) getting sprayed by a skunk late Sunday night. I noticed the strange scent drifting in through the windows just in time! We closed every window in the house and Riley suffered through his first night sleeping outside in over a year. That dog is SPOILED. Thankfully, the poor pooch has made a full recovery and hardly smells (or so I am told).
Watching Kayden interact with his Aunts and Uncles. I love him being older and more into people and their personalities. It was so cute to watch him try and be silly with everyone.
Hearing about Keegan and Daddy spend a day on the tractor together. Keegan told me all about the spiders on Daddy's pants (one was green, one was black) and how he was scared. He told me about digging in the dirt with the tractor and driving it up and down the hill. Zach told me that at one time, while driving up the hill, Keegan reached up and looped an arm around his neck and said "I really love you Daddy!"
We also said goodbye to our good friends Alissa & Jeff and their cute kiddos. Zach and Jeff had a farewell golfing morning with some other buddies, while Alissa, Kristen, and I preferred to say farewell through food - yummy cheese and chocolate fondue at the Melting Pot! Way better than golf........
These pictures were taken while I was at the Melting Pot.....
My lil homie
The buddies - oh how we will miss you!
And this is for Kristy's approval :-) Saturday I went to a baby shower for a friend. I whipped these out the night before and picked up some cute foam cutout books to go with them. The brown ones are my favorite!
7 years ago
4 comments:
Thanks for looking out for me-luckily, my carseat base didn't match the recalled serial #'s. I didn't realize now that I am a mom, I need to check recalled products more often. Thanks to you, my little Bricey will be safe.
I love your posts. And yes of course I approve, nice work!! :) That's funny, minutes before I read about the dog getting sprayed by a skunk, we got a whiff of one outside our window here.PEW!So sad Alissa and Jeff had to pack up and move even though I wasn't even there to say goodbye, but man are they gonna be missing oregon when they're sweating their bums off in the texas heat!Although come winter in TX y'all will all be wanting to go visit them in the 70's and get out of your rain! Miss ya!
oh, I just love that "buddies" picture! they are all just such cute kids...I know they really will miss eachother! (to say nothing of their parents!) I love hearing about your trips back "home"! So nice to be near family!
Ah...it was a crazy weekend. We will have to hit mom up for the pics. I didn't get any either. Like the pics you do have though. See you soon.
Post a Comment