J+Z

J+Z

K1

K1

K2

K2

K3

K3

About Me

My photo
The stories of our family of 5 living in the Oregon sunshine while Zach gets his PhD. We're on the downhill slide of grad school, so let's get ready to party......

Followers

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I've sold my soul.............

For a GALLON OF GAS. Seriously. What is going on??? I remember when I first started driving (I know, I know - not that long ago compared to some) a gallon of gas was like $1.02. Zach tells me he remembers paying less than a dollar for it; I have to admit, I almost don't believe him. It just doesn't seem like it's possible. But HONESTLY. I just filled up Zach's little car for him tonight, and I got 11 gallons for $38. My children will now starve. It's a good thing his car gets pretty good gas mileage, because this is insane, and I don't know how we are going to afford gas. But that is all my venting for today...........

I know I've been lazy about blogging lately. I have a confession to make. I've got my nose stuck in a book. Or a series of books. Now now, don't jump to conclusions. It's not the Twilight series, although I have borrowed the first book from a friend, and I have every intention of starting it! As soon as I can get over my insatiable need to continue with this other series. Have any of you read "The Wheel of Time" series by Robert Jordan? I'm addicted. It's kind of weird; I'm not usually a fantasy lover, but these books are pretty cool. Zach started reading them when we lived in SLC, and I used to harass him about not putting them down sometimes. I understand though, I myself am a bookworm, and was constantly getting caught reading a book when I should have been doing some chore - sorry Mom! Anyway, he told me I should read them, that I would like them, yada yada. A few weeks ago when I was going through all those dumb tests and was stressed out of my mind, I picked one up (having read every other book in our house before) to take my mind off things. I haven't put them down since!! I am now on book 6 of the series, but I read the prequel first, so I guess that means I am on my 7th book in about 4 weeks. Needless to say, things have been neglected; my house, my laundry, my kids.....haha, no, I've managed to keep everyone fed and clothed! But my every spare second finds me with my nose stuck in the latest book! Sadly, I picked up these books and Zach told me the author has passed away, and the final book of the series is yet unwritten! Argh. But I guess all of his manuscripts and notes have been turned over to an approved author, and the final book should come out in 2-3 years. Could you please hurry?

Lately, I've been amazed at how grown up my Keeg is. On Sunday, I picked him up from Sunbeams (his Sunday school class at church) and he had a little envelope that he was frantically waving in my face. He was asked to give a talk in primary!!! I couldn't believe it. It is pathetic that I want to video record it? Do you think they will let me do that? I just really can hardly believe that he is old enough for this. We saw some middle school boys around our townhouse today and I couldn't help but watch them and think 'I hope Keegan doesn't walk with that swagger when he is their age....' It is crazy to think that in 4 months he will be 4 years old....and then in a year he will be in kindergarten! AHHHHH!!

A bonding moment over a fireman movie.....so cute!!
My happy boy!!

Kayden never ceases to amaze me either. He is 8 1/2 months old, army-crawls like a true soldier, gets himself EVERYWHERE, including under the table, through all the chair legs to the electrical outlet on the other side, parks himself in front of the fridge waiting for me to open it (do you think he is trying to tell me something??), and basically just gets into everything as best he can. He can sign 'more', he started giving me kisses (slobbery, but SOOO precious), and has 3 teeth - two on the bottom and one off to the side on top. He loves to have me play "pat-a-cake" with him and only wants to feed himself; I get to sneak bites in between his fistfuls of cheerios/fruit/avocados/scrambled eggs, whatever I can give to him to keep his hands busy. Where has the time gone?




A week ago, Jace came down to visit us! It was so fun - aside from the fact that I was miserably sick, and the boys weren't so hot either! We attempted to go to church, but I couldn't make it. Thankfully Jace was here, because Zach brought us home, Jace watched the boys and I took a little nap while Zach went back to his duties with the Elders Quorum. It was fun to have Jace visit for the day; he is one of the K's favorites, and dental school keeps him busy. Zach and I are determined to get up to Seattle to visit him soon. Unforunately, soon is relative for Zach. He finishes his classes up this next week, followed by 2 weeks where he will be nonexistent to us as he cranks out 2 papers that will be submitted to be published! It will be REALLY stressful for him, and he will be pulling some long days at school. Bummer. I really miss him when he is gone all day!
Aside from that, not much has been going on. Keeg has been on a fireman kick all week. We checked out some videos from the library about firemen (again) and so every day finds him in his 'turnout gear.' Overalls (because they are like the pants/suspenders firemen wear) with his rubber fireman boots, fireman coat, and hat. He wears this basically all day; the coat and hat come off at different times, but for the most part, this is his outfit. He sits himself down in front of the TV and watches the movies back to back. Then he goes upstairs to get his fire truck as soon as it is done and proceeds to rescue people from fires. I love it; I think it is so cute! Sometimes I even am allowed to join in the fun :-) I get to wear a hat too....

8 comments:

dixonfamily said...

I am glad that you have something enjoyable to read! I need to read those too, but I'll have to add them to my list. Your boys are so cute!! On Sunday Sister Wright asked if I thought Keyan was ready to give a talk and all Jeff and I could picture when we talked about it on the ride home was "...Joseph Smith got the plates and SPIDERMAN...throw webs... Sheeoooo, flkoiweulksj" That is my attempt at Keyan's sound effects. Anyway, I think we'll wait. Good luck to Keegan though. That is awesome!

Danielle said...

hahaha...matt LOVES the robert jordan books. read them several times. Okay, I asked him. he just nerded me out by saying 8 times. i think my hubby's glasses just grew an inch thicker. i don't know. are they 8 times through the series good? alright, maybe i should go read them... :):):)

Heather said...

Those books are so good, I am glad you are finally reading them, they are all such thick books too, and how many of them are there? Like 9 or something? I loved them all too, and once you get done with them you will have dreams you are an Aes Sedai and so on LOL! Okay, well I did *wink*

Great photos, I love your blog Jackie, I need to comment more on it :D And, when do you want to come over, I just realized I don't have your email, mine is: oregonsurfers@gmail.com Have a great day!

ollie said...

NERD!!! You read books. Only losers read books. Like shane... he's a loser 'cause he reads books. I'm cool 'cause I don't read. That probably means I'm stupid, but hey... it's worth it to be cool.

Jesse said...

I totally agree with you about gas prices (ouch!) and book worming (Hurrah!). Sounds like a good series.

Your little guys are so darn cute!

Missy Cochran Artisan Photographics said...

Hey Jackie,

I didnt you are friends with Jack from Lost!

Zach 'n' Jack said...

lol, he does look like him, doesn't he? That is so funny!

Jessica G said...

The twilight series is much shorter...but similarly addicting. I'm not, never have been, and never will be the book worm that you and Jayme are but every now and then a good series catches me up and I enjoy it. Twilight is one of those for me. It isn't really the most amazing writing, but the story line is amazing! Perhaps I will look into the wheel of time series...although I doubt I can stay attached to book through that many. I only stayed with Harry Potter because they came out so far apart that by the time the next one came I was ready to read again.
Love the pics.