J+Z

J+Z

K1

K1

K2

K2

K3

K3

About Me

My photo
The stories of our family of 5 living in the Oregon sunshine while Zach gets his PhD. We're on the downhill slide of grad school, so let's get ready to party......

Followers

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Growing pains

I used to love watching that show. But the show has nothing to do with this post........anyone shocked? Quite literally, my Keeg is having growing pains! At least he was, a couple weeks ago. He was waking up EVERY night with them, crying about his legs hurting. I felt so bad for him!! Well, now I know why. About 1 month ago, we put up this cute little measuring stick in the boys room. We stood them both up to it (well, I held Kayden up while Zach measured)and marked down their heights, the month, and the year. The other day, after putting two and two together {or just addding it up, it's been a lot more than two and two - leg aches, ravenous appetite, sleeping lots, clothes SUDDENLY not fitting anymore etc, etc...ok, so maybe it is two and two (aka 4). give me a break, I hate math} I stood Keeg up to the measuring stick again, and low and behold - he has grown 1/2 an inch! In just a few weeks! No wonder all of his shirts have turned into belly-shirts. Is Old Navy having any sales soon??
I am shocked, I can't believe he had such a quick growth spurt! It was crazy really, he would have 2nds or 3rds at dinner - and I mean, clean his whole plate, fill it almost as full, and then clean it again. Have you seen how skinny he is? Problem is, his whole life (a whopping 3 1/2 years) every time he gains a pound, he grows an inch. Poor guy is going to stay a beanpole for years, at least until he stops getting any taller. Even then, I'm not going to hold my breath for any significant weight gain. But, I digress.
The point of this post is - HE CAN RIDE HIS BIG WHEEL!!! He got a big wheel for his 3rd birthday last year. He couldn't reach the pedals!! Last month, I tried him out on it, thinking maybe he was ready for the bigger bike (his small trike is just WAY WAY small now). He could reach the pedals, but he couldn't get anywhere, because they would be just out of reach when pedaling. Does that make sense? Am I rambling, or what?! Today, after finally using my brain (watch out, folks) we went out during a rain break and tested my theory. SUCCESS!!! I know, hold the applause.......
Anyway, it was tons of fun, I put Kayde in the backpack carrier and we biked all around on the little paths by our house. It made me so excited for more sunny days where we can go out for walks while Keeg rides his bike! I took some self portraits of Kayde and I; not my best work, but a girl can only do so much! I got my hair cut about 2 weeks ago, and my sis has been pestering me to get some pics up. I love it, it is so much nicer to have it manageable again!!
It cracks me up how he is peeking around.....

Big brothers are WAY more interesting than Mom waving a camera in your face

He fits!!






PS. Notice Keeg's outfit? Fireman boots...coat...his overalls (aka, his 'turnout gear') he has been wearing this ALL WEEK. I told him tonight, that he had to wear something different tomorrow - 5 days of the overalls was enough. He looked at me and said "Firemen have to be ready all the time, Mom." Yeah, but I'm pretty sure they wash their clothes too.......

11 comments:

ollie said...

lol! I love the comment "Firemen have to be ready at all times, mom"! What a stinkin' cute kid!

dixonfamily said...

Super cute pictures! Keyan has had growing pains off and on for a year or so. I am constantly rubbing his legs, especially at night time. I remember having them myself and it is no fun. By the way, I love your hair. Hot Mama!!!

Maria said...

Sooo cute! I am always amazed by how smart Keegan is! Looks like you guys are taking advantage of the sun breaks...

The GLASMANNagerie said...

I am so glad his bike finally fits him. As I recover, maybe Keeg and I can go for bike rides.

Jessica G said...

Thanks for the pics. I didn't realize asking you once to post pics was harassing you....did I ask more then once? Anyway love that Keegan's bike fits him so well. Growing pains are no fun.

Zach 'n' Jack said...

no worries; anything to give you a hard time, you know? Love ya sis :-)

*K*R*I*S*T*Y* said...

SO CUTE

Natalie said...

You know that BIG wheel will always have a special place in our hearts (especially Kennedy's). He is getting so big. Where is Kennedy going to sit now? I've had fun catching up on your posts. You always have something fun to say. We do miss you guys!

Erin S said...

Awww, that picture of Kayden peeking out is so cute! You have the cutest boys, I can't wait until Carter and Braden can be buddies!

christa said...

Love the Big Wheel- Eva actually just wore a whole in the plastic tire of hers so once the weather gets nicer I think I'll get her a new one. I can't believe he grew a 1/2 an inch! They grow so fast, Eva's is almost completly out of 5t- half of her clothes are girl sizes!! AHHH!!

The Barton's said...

Such a cute pick of mom and kayden. miss you guys.