J+Z

J+Z

K1

K1

K2

K2

K3

K3

About Me

My photo
The stories of our family of 5 living in the Oregon sunshine while Zach gets his PhD. We're on the downhill slide of grad school, so let's get ready to party......

Followers

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Birthday Bonanza

Today was a fun-filled day for the whole family. Uncle Jace came down Friday night from WA and we also were graced with our good friend Jeff D's presence!! Saturday morning found us up bright and early as the boys both woke up around 6:15am. Normally, I would NEVER let this go - I refuse to get up before 7 am. But Zach and Jace were running races this morning, so we got up and got going. Here is the breakdown of the day -

8am: Zach and Jace start their races - 1/2 marathon (13.1 miles) and 10k (approx 6 miles) respectively. The K's and I head over about 8:30 after breakfast to see Jace finish the 10k at about 8:45. Jace got 2nd place in his age division! Way to go Jace!!

9:30am: Jace, the K's and I head down to the finish line to cheer Daddy in. Keegan informs me he needs to use the restroom. Zach told me he would be coming in about 1 hr and 50 min. if he was doing really good - but most likely 2 hrs. I take Keegan to the bathroom, we come back down to the line. Zach is ALREADY THERE. I was so upset! I guess that is just part of being Mom. The last 3 races Zach has run, I have missed his finish due to motherly duties. I felt like crying, I really wanted to see him finish. He ran a fantastic time, 1 hr and 39 minutes!! It was so fun, I love the race atmosphere!




Kaydee-babe and I left early so he could have a nap and I could complete this project:


It turned out pretty good, and Keegan loved it! I was really happy, it was tough! I'm no Martha Stewart, so I know this is pretty amateur, but it made Keegan happy, so it was worth it!

After lunch and quick naps for the K's and some relaxing in the pool/hot tub for Zach and Jace, we headed to a local pizza/playplace that Keegan loves. It has a huge climbing structure, inflatable obstacle courses, climbing wall, and little bikes. A kid's dream! Plus it has a little place for Kayden to play too - awesome! It has a couple HUGE slides (we are talking ceiling to floor and it is a giant warehouse - BIG CEILINGS) that Grandma & Grandpa bribed Keegan into going down on his own. He has been pretty scared of them because they are big and enclosed - a child after my own claustrophobic heart! But $1.50 won him over, and he went down it 3 times. So brave!!




After playing there for a while, we headed back home and just had a big BBQ with family and friends. Thanks to everyone who came, especially my family for driving a long way and being so great! We all had a great time and are so thankful that Keegan is in our family!

Not to overlook my sweet Kayden, who will be 1 in two weeks - he seems so grown up lately. He has fallen in love with a little rocking chair that I had when I was little. He climbs up in it all by himself and sits and rocks and chatters away in it. I love to see him in it - he looks so cute!!!!




11 comments:

Kristi Barnes said...

Super cute pictures, like usual! You do such a good job...I'm always so impressed

The GLASMANNagerie said...

You think 4 years have gone by fast. I still remember having YOU!!! I am so glad the scooter was such a hit and thanks for the picture of Jace and Keeg in their scrubs!! I love it!

Megan said...

Zach, Congrats on the race. I will say I was super impressed with your time. Way to go!

Claire said...

AWESOME time! I was hoping to beat my time of 1:58, but my body didn't agree with that...I came in at 2:02, so not too bad, but the NEXT race I'll kill my time! :o) Is Zach running the Sauvie Island Flat Half?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Keegan!
Way to go on the race, too!!!!!

thepainterfamily said...

happy bday k! And what a great race! I just loved that firetruck cake! It made me smile so big just thinking of how COOL keegan must have thought it was! I bet he hardly wanted to eat it! (ok, maybe thats a stretch!)

Erin S said...

What a crazy busy day! Thanks for inviting us over to help Keegan celebrate. Your cake was awesome!!! Tell Zach he has a very nice farmer's tan.

Jesse said...

Can he be 4 years old? Fun pictures!

Tara said...

Happy Birthday to Keegan. Love the fireman cake, I am impressed. I am sure Dan will be jealous of Zach racing. We went running the other day and his knee was hurting after 2 miles. He was bummed. Tell everyone "hi".

The Wimpy Mother said...

Happy Birthday Keegan! I remember the day you were born. Your mom needed some chocolate ice cream in the hospital and I got to hold you and you were sooo cute. I remember you looked just like a little man! If you had just stayed in there for one more day we could have shared a birthday!

Guymon Family said...

Zach is a professional racer now! Congrats to him, and Happy B-day to Keegan. I can't believe how old he is. Way to go on the cake, it looks great!