J+Z

J+Z

K1

K1

K2

K2

K3

K3

About Me

My photo
The stories of our family of 5 living in the Oregon sunshine while Zach gets his PhD. We're on the downhill slide of grad school, so let's get ready to party......

Followers

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Lucky Me, I'm a MOM!

I know that I am a little behind the times, but I wanted to do a quick recap of Mother's day.......
Zach and Dan teamed up to make Tara and I a fabulous Mother's Day meal.
Chicken katsu, broccoli, spinach and strawberry salad, and Zach's special Kool-Aid/Sprite concoction. Alissa, you probably wouldn't have liked it, but Jeff would have LOVED it! :-) I am so thankful for my sweet Zach who made every effort to make my Mother's Day relaxing and enjoyable. If only I didn't have to get so nervous before singing in Relief society, if would have been great! Dan and Tara are leaving us this week for Utah (come on, what does Utah have that we don't? I guess Utah does have Kristy M - I'd go there for her too!) and we are going to miss them a TON. Hopefully you guys realized this since we soaked up every minute we could with you this weekend! But really - many thanks to Zach and Dan for making us such yummy food!


Keegan and Kayden were even really good, which made the day wonderful. I am so thankful for them making me the Mom I am! I love my sweet boys with all my heart, and I have loved every day I have been their mother. I am especially grateful for my Mom and all that she has taught me, I love you so much Mom! I am also hugely thankful for the Mom I acquired almost 5 years ago - Zach's mom, Vicki! She is an amazing woman, and has taught me a lot about being a mother as well. I am SOOOOO thankful for my two fabulous Moms - I love you both so much, and I am so thankful for your examples of faith and love. You are the best mothers I could ever have asked for!

Aside from that, I just am so thankful for my sweet family. This afternoon the
boys were playing upstairs and Keegan called me up to see something he had done. I almost cried. It was just so sweet to see his little doodle pad filled with MOM. It's moments like this that I cherish for the rest of my life.

7 comments:

Tara said...

Sweet-I made your blog!! Sorry about today-maybe we can go to lunch Thursday? I'll check with Dan and see, let me know! I am so glad we got to spend the whole weekend together. It was a blast and you guys are one of the top reasons leaving Oregon is going to be hard. You guys rock!

Maria said...

What a sweet boy Keegan is, his little doodle got me all teared up! I'm glad you had an awesome mother's day, you deserve it!

dixonfamily said...

I think that dinner looked great. I'm not sure why you thought I wouldn't have liked it. Anyway, glad the boys cooked and let you girls relax for a change. Happy Late Mother's Day!

thepainterfamily said...

Wow! What a great day! That meal looked FAB! miss you!

Zach 'n' Jack said...

Alissa - sorry, I didn't make my comment clear - I was talking about Zach's drink he mixed up - it was concentrated sugar in a glass! Sorry to confuse you ;-)

Anonymous said...

Tasty-looking dinner. And those pictures of the kids are sooo cute. And you're cute too. ;)

Vicki said...

KEEGEE, what a wonderful son you are! And smart to boot. Kayden, you're growing up so fast! Can't wait to hug you guys! Jack, you always succeed in making my eyes water. Just for the record, I think you're a super fabulous mom too. I love you all! Have a wonderful weekend.