J+Z

J+Z

K1

K1

K2

K2

K3

K3

About Me

My photo
The stories of our family of 5 living in the Oregon sunshine while Zach gets his PhD. We're on the downhill slide of grad school, so let's get ready to party......

Followers

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Growing up BIG




It's going TOO FAST. Already 10 1/2 months??? My beautiful blue-eyed boy is standing on his own. A few times, I've thought he was about to take a step, but then he sinks to his knees and crawls instead!! I know it's coming, and I have to say I am excited! Then he won't crawl through the dirt, grass, and wood chips when we go to the park. It's funny to think about how differently Keegan and Kayden are at the same age, just for the simple reason of being the 2nd child as opposed to the 1st. Keegan didn't have the selection of toys that Kayden has at this age - and Kayden LOVES to unload every toy from the tubs! He gets into so much more, but at the same time, there is more for him to get into. The nice thing is, Keegan cleans up his room, which means he cleans up the toys that Kayden pulls out! But I really can't believe how fast time has flown, and I'm a little sad. I feel like I have missed a lot from his first year, but it has been so much fun to see him change and grow each day. Most of all, I love his gorgeous blue eyes when he gives me a big smile.

Sitting with your big brother can be such fun!

OOOOh, the fire truck movie gets exciting...........

This week started out GORGEOUS. Sunday was beautiful, and after church we got to take a long walk with our fabulous friends, Dan & Tara, who are moving! We are sad, both Zach and I are going to miss them a ton. The last few months have brought too many goodbyes to close friends here - and I didn't give any of them permission to leave! (You guys know who you are...Maria...Tara P.... I MISS YOU GALS!)Anyway, Monday was beautiful too, and I got to go out for a long walk with the boys in the morning with a few of my friends as well - hopefully, we will make this a habit for the summer, it was so great! I think we walked about 2 miles, and I felt so great afterwards. Don't get me wrong, it was long, and pushing 2 boys that weigh 50lbs together plus a stroller was no cakewalk for me. But I loved it! Keegan has been enjoying the sunny weather on the deck, he loves to sit out there and just look around.

Kayden wants to go out too....


This last picture is courtesy of Keegan; we were on our way back from the park and he wanted to take some pictures. Unfortunately, my budding photographer is a little impatient, and always moves the camera some, so it's a little blurry, but he was proud of his picture, and wanted to make sure I got it in!
On a side note, I took the boys to the doctor today (THANKS MOM). Kayden has a sinus infection and Keegan is back on an inhaler to help with his cough/asthma. *sigh* And as a bonus, Keegan starts swimming lessons next week!! I'm so excited, I hope he does ok with it. He hated our Mom/Baby class we did a couple years ago. Cross your fingers for us!

8 comments:

Megan Zimmerman said...

aaah, no worries, he will swim like a fish! Kayden was such a snuggler tonite! Tell Keegs we will have to have a rematch Oh yeah, one of these days I am going to be asking if I can borrow your camera to gets some pics of my apt up on my blog.

Natalie said...

We had our first swimming lessons yesterday. Kennedy loved it! I hope she keeps up the enthusiasm. We decided that it was a MUST with a pool in the backyard. It's fun that we have a lady come to the house and teach her. You will have to keep us posted on how that goes! You look gorgeous as always too! If I recall, you were always a really thin pregnant mommy too! Kennedy is obsessed with taking pictures with the camera. I looked into a kiddi proof digital camera, but they are pretty pricey.

christa said...

Eva was very weary her first lesson but loves it now, I think it's got to get into a routine. Your boys are adorable, Kayden IS getting so big! Hopefully they can both feel better soon, having a sick kid is no fun...but you already know that!

Guymon Family said...

Your baby is looking like a little boy! I know what you mean about feeling like you are missing them growing up. Andrew still feels like my little baby. I still can't believe how different your boys look. How do you stay SO skinny? I'm jealous!

Erin S said...

Keegan is getting to be quite the photographer! Your boys are so cute. I'm sorry they're sick! Carter and Braden have runny noses right now too - not fun!! Hopefully I can get out one morning and walk with guys.

*K*R*I*S*T*Y* said...

GREAT pictures!SO cute!I can't believe Kayden is a little man already!And Keegan is a wonderful photographer :) Miss you guys!

Kristi Barnes said...

These pictures are so cute!! I still can't seem to figure out how to orgaize my text and photos...props to you, you're super talented!

Vicki said...

KEEGEE! Wow, what a great photographer you are! Love you, Sugar Mama