J+Z

J+Z

K1

K1

K2

K2

K3

K3

About Me

My photo
The stories of our family of 5 living in the Oregon sunshine while Zach gets his PhD. We're on the downhill slide of grad school, so let's get ready to party......

Followers

Monday, April 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Josh!


That's right everyone, today is my LITTLE (yeah Josh, I said little) brother's birthday! He has reached the ripe old age of 18, and will graduate from high school in June. I can't BELIEVE he has grown up so much, I still remember when Mom went into labor with him - I was 6 years old and I remember getting to sleep in Mom and Dad's bed with my older sister Norma when they went to the hospital. I remember his serious chubbiness (beached whale doesn't even begin to describe it.......) as a baby, and the fun car we had that all of us older kids used to push him around at breakneck speed in. Josh has always had a really sweet and tender heart - I remember once when I was younger I lost a necklace that I had received from my Grandma Harward, who passed away when I was 8 years old. It broke sometime when I was wearing it outside, and it was one of the few things I had from her. I was really upset over it, most definitely crying while searching fruitlessly in the grass for it. I remember Josh started crying too (sorry spud, but you were much younger - I'm sure this won't reflect on your 'manliness') and came over and gave me a hug saying he was sorry I had lost it. I know I tend to give him a hard time a lot (what are siblings for?), but I love him TONS and I really can't believe that he is 18 years old. I may be older, but he is WAY taller than me (does this shock anyone? I am the runt of the Glasmann brood) and don't even get me started on his 'cankles.' HAHA sorry Josh, I had to put that one in there! But really...... I love you Josh and I am so glad you are my younger brother (is that better?). Happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Jessica G said...

We all know how you really feel!

Alyson said...

Hey Jackie, i occasonally "stock" your blog by way of Tracy's blog, so i think i am just going to add your name to my list if that is ok....... I can only remeber Josh as like a 5 yr old. Now i have a 5 yr old!! LOL

Zach 'n' Jack said...

Don't worry Alyson, I do the same to you through Tracy's blog!! I'm glad you are adding me - I will add you too!

thepainterfamily said...

There is NOTHING weirder than the moment you realize your LITTLE brother is taller than you. Changes EVERYTHING! :) hehe! (its happened to me twice)

Danielle said...

man, my little brother turned 19 a few months ago and it makes me feel so old to have a brother that is that age. lol. happy birthday josh! and my blog page? here's the blog I learned how to do it from...

http://sjhblogdesign.blogspot.com/

good luck gorgeous! :)