J+Z

J+Z

K1

K1

K2

K2

K3

K3

About Me

My photo
The stories of our family of 5 living in the Oregon sunshine while Zach gets his PhD. We're on the downhill slide of grad school, so let's get ready to party......

Followers

Friday, April 4, 2008

Some days don't go according to plan.....


Take this picture for instance. I wanted to snap a quick pic of my Dad - he decided to make it a little more interesting! That's my Dad for you :-)
But really, this morning has just NOT turned out the way it should have. Not that anything that traumatic happened, and things could have turned out a lot worse, but so far, it only has been a 4 on the scale of stress. I had a bunch of errands to run this morning, mainly to the grocery store to get the staples - milk (we are OUT - this is a borderline crisis in our house, we drink TONS of milk), and formula being among them (also a crisis - I am OUT of formula, and Kayden needs lots). So, Zach heads off to school and the boys and I prepare to hit the store. We pull out of the garage, start down the street and I realize I forgot my list. So I quickly turn around and pull back into the garage to run in and grab it. I get out of the car, look down and - FLAT TIRE. I am pretty sure I was inspired to forget my list so that I had to turn around. It would have been 10x more traumatic if I had been all the way to the store before I realized it.
Minorly aggravating, but I decided to go in and call Zach and see when he could come home to help me change it.
*ring ring* Hello? (some voice with an accent...NOT MY HUSBAND)
Me: Zach??
Voice: I found this phone on the Max this morning, I was going to turn it into lost and found.
Me: OHH!! This is my husband's phone. (why this would make a difference to him, I have no idea. I really didn't know what to say)
Voice: Does he work downtown?
Me: Yes, he works at OHSU.
Voice: I'm heading to Gresham right now, but have him call the phone and I will arrange to drop it off with him somewhere.
Me: (relieved that this seems to be a kind and honest person) THANK YOU!!

So. Not how I had envisioned this day going. I proceeded to email Zach and then, not knowing when he would check his email, called his professor's office and asked her to track him down and have him call me. Here is how it stands: I am stuck at home, luckily I found a sample can of formula hidden away in my cupboards, but sans milk, we will be drinking water today. Zach is attempting to retrieve his phone, and hopefully will call me soon to let me know that he is coming home to save us! I know, this really doesn't seem like much of a big deal. It would be the one day I actually NEED to go somewhere that this would happen. The only thing that really made me panic was when I called Zach's phone and some random person answered! I am glad that he is one of the good people in the world who is trying to do the right thing!!
Thanks for letting me vent........

5 comments:

Melinda said...

that IS a crazy day, jackie! good thing you were home when you found the flat, and good thing the guy with zack's phone is honest. let us know how it all turned out. good luck!

christa said...

YAY for good people. Somedays it doesn't seem like there are very many in the world but when there are it makes you think the world isn't as bad as you thought. I'm sorry you had one of those days...I feel for you. :)

Natalie said...

It's nice to hear that everyone has those kind of days sometime. Hopefully you won't have another day like that for awhile! The cell phone story would totally have worried me too! Great! Did you check the call log! J/K

ollie said...

eck... what a crappy day! Glad to hear everything worked out!!!!

Erin S said...

Why didn't you call me?!?! I have formula!! But we are usually out of milk too, but still...call me next time!