What a weekend!! WOW. I hope it was as beautiful for the rest of you as it was for us here. SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!! We headed down to Corvallis on Friday afternoon to celebrate my brother Josh's birthday. It was our first time down there since my parents finished remodeling their kitchen - it was so gorgeous!! It really looks fantastic, Zach and I loved it. You would not believe how different it looks! I hardly even feel like it is the same house any more! The evening mostly was filled with a delicious dinner at the Tokyo Steakhouse - this fabulous teppanyaki grill in Corvallis. Thanks Mom and Dad!
Saturday was the best. THE BEST. It has been some stressful few weeks for us, and I have felt like I've just been grouching at Keegan all the time. Saturday made me feel redeemed!! The morning was mostly relaxing. Keegan apparently needed a Grandpa-fix, and just followed my Dad around everywhere. It was so cute to watch! He rode on the lawnmower with Grandpa, they pulled weeds, watered plants, and Grandpa pushed him on the swingset. Keegan was in heaven! He kept poking his head in the house and telling me what they were off to do next. I love that he needed to keep me updated!
Around lunchtime, we packed up and headed to Newport! The weather was beautiful at the coast too, and we got to the beach and headed out with some footballs and frisbees! It was good for me, because Kayden fell asleep and so Zach stayed in the car with him to give him a little nap. What did I get to do? PLAY WITH KEEGAN! It seems like it has been a long time since I have really played with him. My favorite things?
- Teaching him to throw a frisbee
- Watching him throw a frisbee :-)
- Holding the football so he could kick it
- How he had to start back about 50 feet to run up and kick the ball
- Spinning around until we were both so dizzy we couldn't see straight
It was such a blast to be with him and not feel like I had any other distractions. Kayden eventually woke up and got to come out and enjoy the sun too! We made a stop in at the Undersea Gardens and the coolest thing there was the wolf eel. It looked like the ugliest old man you have ever seen - but then had this long eel body behind it. Pretty neat. This was topped off with the traditional visit to Mo's and Aunt Belinda's candy shop. YUM. All in all, it was a great quick visit, and we enjoyed it a ton.
On Sunday, Keegan's Sunbeam lesson was about being thankful for birds and insects. His teacher sent them home with the coolest thing! She gave them a little bag of ladybugs to take home and set free. Keegan was SO excited, and as soon as we got home he was dancing around begging us to go out and let them go. So I got a few pictures of him setting them free - he keeps asking me if he can go outside and see them. I don't think they are in the same place.......
Kayden has just been the cutest dude - the past few days he's just been crawling around wherever I go and if I stop in one place long enough, he pulls himself up on my legs and looks up and gives me this big grin and raises one arm to ask me to pick him up. Ahhh, it's irresistible!! Today it got even better - he's been saying 'mama' all day! I doubt he is actually applying it to me, but it sure makes me feel good when he reaches out for me while chanting "mamamamamamama!" His teeth are coming in even better, I've got to get another picture of it. His smile is so cute with top teeth!
As a side note - for all you out there who like making yummy, cheap, and easy dinners, my cousin Ollie has started a "Tasty Tuesday" post. They are recipes that feed a family of 4 for $5 or less. Check out her blog for more details - you can even send her any recipes you have! It's awesome, you should definitely check it out!
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Hallelujah for SUN!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
The house looks beautiful! The kitchen is amazing. So different from the picture I have in my mind of the 'before'.
Sounds like a great trip. Its always therapudic for little kids to get a grandpa fix. Especially because it means that mommy is getting a break!
Your parent's kitchen is awesome. I love the light fixtures. The coast looked like so much fun. It was a beautiful weekend. We took Bricey on her first walk in the park on Friday-it was fun. Love the ladybug idea--where did she get all of them??
It doesn't look like the same house at all!! Weird, it's gorgeous though. Sounds like a super fun weekend, especially the steakhouse and Mo's, yummy! I love that quality time, it's wierd sometimes I can't even remember the last time I gave Eva a kiss on the cheek and I do it to Elle all the time...it's hard to remember to spread the love!
Hey... thanks for the shout out!!! I can't believe all the cool stuff you did in one weekend... It's never that cool and exciting when either set of parents visit us!
Just tell Ollie that you have the coolest parents!!!!! I loved the ode to the knee and how it caused you pain!!!
MOM
Um..I did not say that above...mom posted a comment as me. Weird. That is a great picture of the kitchen cause it gives the whole perspective. The kitchen is awesome. I was looking for that picture of keegan posing like he was doing the hoola. That was a fun weekend.
CUTE! I love that ladybug idea! I can tell he had a blast!
What a fun weekend! The beach looked so nice. Brynna was freaked out when we let the ladybugs go. There were like 20 in that little bag. I wonder how long it took their teacher to collect all of them.
Post a Comment