I have been seriously unmotivated lately, and my blog (oh yeah, and my house) are showing the effects!!! For memories sake, I need to do some recapping of the last few weeks!!
To start off with, Sugar Mama's visit. IT WAS GREAT! In fact, I wish she was still here. I never did any dishes while she was here, the boys were constantly entertained, and I got to enjoy talking with her and having her capable hands to help with so much. I can't say that we did anything particularly special, the best part was probably our outing to "Out of This World" pizza & play, this fantastic HUGE playplace that just happens to serve pizza along with it. The boys had a blast running, climbing, sliding, jumping, and just generally being wild. Most of all, Kayden got to enjoy a lot of one-on-one time with Sugar Mama, which was special for him since he didn't know her that well prior to this. He adores her now and is constantly pointing out pictures of her around the house!
She also had some excellent timing for her trip. The same morning she arrived, Zach was rear-ended in the priceless Celica while sitting at a red light. The damage wasn't visually horrible, but it compressed the frame enough that the car was totaled. Not hard to do when it isn't worth much!! It was good to have Vicki here while trying to making numerous phone calls to insurance companies, she kept the boys busy and I was able to talk on the phone without constant interruption or disciplining! We absolutely loved having her here, and were sad to see her go. Zach didn't get to spend much time with her, which he was bummed about too, but that is what happens when he is in crunch time for his qualifying exams.
That basically sums up the rest of the month......Zach was at school. All the time. It's been rough, but I have defnitely gained a respect for single mothers - and a profound realization that I am not cut out for it! It is really hard having Zach gone before the boys wake up and not home again until 10pm or later. Thankfully, his qualifying exams are this coming week, where he will make a presentation to a committee of his thesis proposal. He presents, and then they grill him about it; please keep him in your prayers that all will go well for him, he is a little stressed!!! I'm going to be able to go see him make his presentation (thanks Megan) and I am hoping that his schedule will get a little easier after he finishes the exams.
Other than that, the boys and I have been keeping busy with a visit to Grandma's house before she had surgery on her ankle, swimming lessons, preschool, and plenty of playing. We snuck in a session of bowling with Amy, Derek, and Jack, which was a total blast and we can't wait to hang out with them again. I'm working on some more posting, but it will have to wait through the weekend. I want to enjoy Easter :-)
7 years ago
2 comments:
Cute pictures
Grandmas are the best I love visiting my little ones. Why was Vicki there? Did the GRANDPA come too? Your boys are so cute. Tell Zach we will pray for him. He is so stinkin smart though, he doesn't need to many prayers. What is his major?
What does he want to do with it when he gets done.
Roberta
Post a Comment