J+Z

J+Z

K1

K1

K2

K2

K3

K3

About Me

My photo
The stories of our family of 5 living in the Oregon sunshine while Zach gets his PhD. We're on the downhill slide of grad school, so let's get ready to party......

Followers

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Making a Geologist Proud

After learning about rocks & soil in preschool this week, and having a 'guest speaker' of Grandpa Reed to teach about rocks, Keegan has been on the lookout everywhere we go. In a blissful afternoon of sunshine, he had a geological moment..........

K1: "MOM! MOM!! I did it! I found a rock!"

M: "Wow, that's great Keegan." (how could this rock be different from the last ten he had found?)

K1: "Look!" (said in a slightly breathless voice) "It has air bubbles in it!" (said with reverence)

M: "ooooooohhh." (I was so totally not sarcastic, Dad, I promise)

K1: "It's a volcanic rock." (still with reverence)




So there you have it, Dad. He listened to you in preschool, and appreciated every second of the 10 minute talk you gave. I know it was ridiculous to have you drive 2 hours to hang out with a bunch of 4 year olds with short attention spans, but they loved it. Most of them asked if you were coming back today, and were disappointed when they found out you weren't. Keegan is convinced that this rock is volcanic, because it has little pockets in it that look similar to the rock you showed them yesterday. Thanks for coming up and starting a new era of rock collectors. We love you!

**ps - for those who may be concerned, I have reserved the Pride and Prejudice version starring Colin Firth as "Mr. Darcy" at the library. I will be picking it up asap! Thanks for all the recommendations, I am loving the book and have watched the movie twice more. Apparently, this has "bewitched me, body and soul." HAHAHA!!**

6 comments:

Kim said...

Yes! Thank you Keegan's Grandpa! Josh was so excited to take his rock collection to school today, and then disappointed to find out he wasn't there to tell him what kinds of rocks he had found. It was very cute!

thepainterfamily said...

Jackie, that sounds so cute! I love that your pops came to town for a little lesson!

I'm sure his grandson was BEAMING with pride! :)

Autumn said...

Keegan cracks me up. I have decided that Troy is going to follow in his cousin Keegan's footsteps and talk my ears off. He constantly has something to say! =)

Good for you; you will love the movie, or at least I do!

Robbie said...

You will like the A & E version with Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy sooooo much more. Alissa and I have a copy, you should have asked to borrow it. I must admit I really like it and I quote it quite a bit

The John Hollingshaus Family said...

I love it! What smart kids you are raising!!

jamie t. said...

Anna had so much fun learning about rocks and talked about your dad as well. Thank him again from all the parents for taking the time to come and talk to our little ones. I'm glad
I found your blog. Can I add you to my roll? PS: I found you through Kim. I hope thats ok :)