J+Z

J+Z

K1

K1

K2

K2

K3

K3

About Me

My photo
The stories of our family of 5 living in the Oregon sunshine while Zach gets his PhD. We're on the downhill slide of grad school, so let's get ready to party......

Followers

Friday, January 9, 2009

The Morning Report

Note: Some serious potty-talk follows. Brace yourselves.






Ya-hoo!! Kayden had his first successful "moment" on the potty this morning. I've never been so happy to watch a #2 get flushed......He even waved and said "buh-buh!" (for those of you unfamiliar with toddler-ese, that would be bye-bye) Now, don't get carried away, he isn't potty-trained. I just am starting to get him comfortable with the whole idea so that in a few months I can (hopefully) have a diaper-free household! Both of my boys are pretty 'regular' so it was easy to know when they would need some time to have a seat on the throne. At this point, I just keep my eye on him when I know it is about time, and this morning, we made it on to the potty just right! I was so excited, I'm such a pathetic mom..............He was pretty happy that Keegan and I were clapping and cheering for him. Enjoy it while you can buddy, it ain't gonna last long! Good job Kayden!!

9 comments:

Peggy Glasmann said...

You made your dad's day by posting some pictures. He was expecting a picture on the phone of this momentous occasion. I love the last picture of Kayden. He looks like a little Gerber baby or something. Way to go Kayden!

Erin S said...

Those are some cute pictures!!! He's getting so big. I love his cute little legs, they're so chubby!!

dixonfamily said...

Way to go Kayden!! That is pretty much amazing!! I've tried putting Tracen on the toilet, but he's not a fan. Kayden looks adorable!! Love the pictures!

Tara said...

Are you serious? Is he that big already. How exciting not to have diapers! Way to go Kayden, such a big boy.

ollie said...

Yay! Diaper free homes are the best!!!!!! Looks like everything is off to a great start!

thepainterfamily said...

HOLY MOLY! I'm sending Lily over to your house PRONTO! :)

Autumn said...

Kayden is growing up soooo fast. I bet you can hardly believe it yourself. I hope he can get to know his Aunt Auty like Keegster does. Oh, and Keegan is a genius. With the brains you and Zach have, he is sure to be a prodigy!

Jesse said...

That face. Hahaha. Really cute post.

Missy said...

Hey Jackie, I cannot blieve he is potty training already!! These are too cute!