So I have this baby shower that I thought was on Saturday.....it ended up being tonight! AHHH! Totally didn't have anything to make/take, so the boys and I made a quick run to JoAnn's (and Wendy's, mmm) for some backup and sustenance. I made my usual, a few burp cloths, jazzed up with some cute fabric. Why oh why can't I made pink burp cloths for me? It's so not fair that I am using up all this gorgeous fabric on someone else's girl.......I have pink envy.
So the burp cloths are fun, and definitely one of my favorite things to do - always useful in a variety of ways, and nice to have some that are prettier than average. But I'm looking for some new ideas. I found one that I thought was excellent and useful, and tried it out. Little suspender-like clips on a length of ribbon. Cute, huh? I was thinking you could use it to turn a restaurant napkin into a bib - I hardly ever remembered to bring one with me when we were out, so I think for me this would be extra helpful.
Now, what else? I have heard of these "baby legs" which I think are like warm-ups for babies. Has anyone used them? Do you like them? What exactly are they for? I can't imagine they would be that hard to make, but I'm just not sure how useful they are. I'm just looking for more fun ideas to make, so if you have one, let me know what it is!
I also finally found the secret to making those awesome burp cloths and blankets with the crocheted edges on them, but I need some flannel to try it out. Ahh, if only I had endless resources of money..... I also got some great fabric that was on sale to make a bag or two. Now if only I had Kristy here to guide me...................
7 years ago
9 comments:
here's one for you-especially out there where it rains-the car seat canopy.Saw these a while back and thought are you kidding me, some dumb ladies are selling them for $40?Who's the real dummy here....they're making bank.... here's the link: http://www.thecarseatcanopy.com/ just looks like a rectangle piece with velcro hooks in the middle.SO doable, and so something you don't see in stores!What new mom wouldn't use it!
i made (and also bought) baby legs for ethan. I LOVED them when he was crawling around for protecting his knees on carpet or in our case (extra padding for the wood floors). They're really easy to make and dang cute too. But more so on girls. lol. Darn, perhaps my next?
PS-don't do the baby leg things, not useful, just trendy.Another idea once summer comes are picnic blankies for the park-like the one I made for you I think-waterproof bottom I made out of a dirt cheap table cloth.BTW Burp cloth hooks are very cute and verrrry useable.Could also double as a pacifier hook if you hooked it right.Third-using the lacy net kinda stuff, cutting into strips, tying around an elastic band and making tutu's for girls(not that it gets you away from the pink :)Ok I will stop talking now :)
I love the way your burp cloths turned out! (if its not broke, don't fix it!)
BUUUUT, I also like the other suspender clip idea. I have a friend that makes something similar (paci clips)and they are fun and easy. Millions of ribbon choices Another friend makes diaper wipe case covers...they are pretty cute. Take a peek: www.chic-cheeks.blogspot.com
A different spin on the burp cloth...I made some for Lily while I was prego with her. They were made out of chenille on one side and a cute fabric on the other (with flannel in the middle for extra absorbancy/thickness!) I also made some all chenille ones. I loved them because they were so soft for her to lay her head on, and very good for wipe ups too.
We like the baby legs. Lily STILL wears them but more for the "cute" factor now with skirts and dresses. They are really nice when babes are crawling, especially if you have wood/tile floors (heck..even carpet really) and you can leave them in a onesie and babylegs and diaper changing is a breeze (nothing to remove!) I've seen some tutorials online about how to make them from tights or socks. honestly, if nothing else, they make DARN cute babies in pictures! haha (although, come to think of it...I don't think I've photoed lily in hers!) :)
Oh, oh...one more idea...have you ever seen those taggie mini blankets? My friend made one for both Zach and Lily and they BOTH loved it when they were babes. google "taggie blanket" or something like it for ideas. She used all kinds of ribbon...satin, bias tape, velvet...all different colors and textures and my kiddos were obsessed with it! :)
good luck!
What about making hooter hiders? I think Alissa D had a nice one with the wire in it. And slings too, my sister made me a really nice one. LOVE those burp cloths, they turned out super cute!
The burp cloths look great! You'll have to share your secret with the crocheted blankets -- I'm definitely curious!
Have you ever considered making a mei tai???? They're pretty easy to make AND they are awesome for carrying babies.
I love my baby legs, especailly this time of year, I tucke Elle's socks under them, under her jeans so when I pick her up her little legs aren't exposed to the cold weather. Also Eva loves wearing them on her arms with her t-shirts, it's like she's got a cute long sleeve on without the bulk...she also likes to pretend they are her super power arm bands.
wow, thanks so much!!! I can't wait to try out some of these awesome ideas. Thanks girls! Keep 'em coming!
Hello,
I make the taggies for babies all the time. You take an 18 inch piece of any cloth, like flannel, polar fleece, or soft chenille. Then you buy 6 inches of different ribbons, grograine or satin of different widths. I use some wide and some small together. You put them around the 18 inch blanket toward the inside of the material and stitch about 2 inches apart, then sew the other 18 inch piece of cloth leaving an opening to turn. Turn it right side out and the little ribbons stick out on the edges so the baby can feel and suck them. Then whip stitch a pacifier on and wrap it up and the new mommy will love it. Lots of fun. Hope that helps.
I make those burp cloths and sew lace around the edges. So feminine. It is fun to make them to match a onsie that you can buy. Then if it is a special friend make her a taggie and you have a very nice present.
Hope that helps. Tell Zach hello.
Has he hooked up on Matts blog yet? There address is Ingletfamilyandcompany.blogspot.com
Love, Mama INglet in Idaho
Post a Comment