J+Z

J+Z

K1

K1

K2

K2

K3

K3

About Me

My photo
The stories of our family of 5 living in the Oregon sunshine while Zach gets his PhD. We're on the downhill slide of grad school, so let's get ready to party......

Followers

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Bag Lady

I told you I was feeling crafty...... I put the boys to bed last night and got to work. Zach is in the middle of preparing for his qualifying exams, and hasn't been home before 8pm all week, so I had a some time to kill before I finally got to see my hubby. I've been meaning to make a bigger & better church bag for a long time. The one I usually use is just too small for more than 1 or 2 books and a toy. No room for snacks or water or diaper necessities! So I got this mostly finished last night and just did the last sew around the top edge this morning. It's very basic, but it's so cute, I love it! I can't wait to go to church now, I will actually be able to fit everything in it!!



(it's reversible, I thought it would be fun)





And thanks SO MUCH for all the ideas. I think I am going to try every single one, as I can get fabric and supplies for them. Don't be surprised if I call you guys for tips, especially you Kristy!

10 comments:

Tracy said...

I love this!! How crafty. I'm jealous.

*K*R*I*S*T*Y* said...

SO CUTE!AND reversible?I'm so proud *sniffs*

Erin S said...

Wow, look at you, reversible?!?! AWESOME! It turned out soooo cute!! Another idea, when I was packing stuff yesterday, I found a high chair cover my grandma made me. I don't have a high chair so I have never used it, but I'm sure it would be a handy thing. Just wash it instead of messing with the seat cover that comes with the high chair. CUTE BAG!!

ollie said...

very very cute! Lovin' it!

Megan Zimmerman said...

Oh yeah, totally love it! So...what do I have to do to have you make me one? :) and it was a lot of fun to have the boys over last nite. they were so cute.

thepainterfamily said...

JAckie! It turned out so cute...and I am sooo impressed with the "Reversability!"

Autumn said...

Wow Jack, you really are crafty. I love the burp cloths. I have some boy ones that are all jazzed up with fabric, and they are my favorites. I have thought about making more with all of the cloth diapers I have. I need good coverage with these boys, and these burp cloths are the best for that! Cute, cute! You definitely need to move to Idaho so that we can have our own little sister's day!!!!!!!!!! Love ya!

dixonfamily said...

I love it! And it's reversible! Way to go crafty lady!

christa said...

I'm super impressed with your awesome sewing skills.

Tara said...

Good Job Jackie. Me and my sister love to make things for baby showers. We do a "favorite things" and make all the things we love. It includes the burp cloths, if it's a girl some hairbows, we bought these really cute wipe covers and have since made them ourselves, just a wipe case covered with a little batting and fabric (super cute I can e-mail you a picture), and the carseat canopy Kristy mentioned. So easy to make and I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine. It's so nice in the winter because you aren't fighting a blanket to stay over the top of the carseat and keeps the sun out in the winter. Very easy to make too, just a big oval peace of 2 fabrics put together and velcro handles, you can also turn the carseat canopy into a hooter hider by making clips similar to the ones you made for bibs but just make them long enough to go around mom's neck, then carseat canopy turned hooter hider. Well, there's my novel. Have fun!