J+Z

J+Z

K1

K1

K2

K2

K3

K3

About Me

My photo
The stories of our family of 5 living in the Oregon sunshine while Zach gets his PhD. We're on the downhill slide of grad school, so let's get ready to party......

Followers

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Act 2 & 3: The Miniature Manipulator Becomes a SMART Aleck



ACT 2
(Stage is set in the style of a building at OHSU. Father and 4 year old son are seated at a desk. Father is working at computer, son is busily coloring on a piece of scrap paper....with a Sharpie)

Son: What are those big rocks called that are up in outer space? I can't remember.

Father: Meteors?

Son: Yeah, meteors. They are big rocks that are in outer space. Outer space isn't here on earth, it's in outer space. Rockets fly in outer space. But F-nine-eighty-sixes just fly up in the sky.

(Editors note: He means F-16s. He argues with me whenever I try to correct him, so I just don't bother anymore.)


Father: Yep.

Son: Meteors are big rocks that can come from outer space and hit the earth.

Father: Yep.

Son: I'm drawing a meteor here, see Dad?

Father: Wow, that is a great meteor. How did you learn so much about outer space?

Son: (rolls eyes) Dad, haven't you seen Wall-E??


ACT 3
(Stage is now set at the window in the hallway of an OHSU building. Dad and son are looking out the window at the son's request.)

Dad: See the mountains bud?
Son: Yeah, they are so cool!

Dad: That one is called Mt. Hood. And do you see the mountain way over there? (pointing to Mt. St. Helens)

Son: Dad, that's not a mountain.

Dad: It's not? What is it then?

Son: Dad (exasperated sigh) it's a VOLCANO.




How in the world did he get so smart?

9 comments:

Kim said...

Funny story! You're kids are so cute and smart! Where did these 4 year olds learn how to roll their eyes...Josh just started doing it!?

Guymon Family said...

Isn't it crazy how much kids know? You know they didn't learn it from you...ha ha ha

thepainterfamily said...

I just can't believe how grown he looks in the picture! What a little smartie!

Tara said...

Silly little Keegan. He never fails to amaze me!

Peggy Glasmann said...

I'm surprised he didn't tell you the Mt. St. Helen's was Aunt Jessica's mountain. What are you teaching him anyway. He needs to spend more time with Granpa so he can learn all these things!!

dixonfamily said...

Seriously, what a smartie!! He looks so old. What is happening to our kids?! I hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving!!

Jesse said...

You should totally take the credit for his smart wit!

Vicki said...

Of course he's so smart, look at his parents (and grandparents).

Josh said...

Btw, not that it matters, but they're no longer called F-16 Eagles either.. I can't remember the exact name that they have now. But since they decided to upgrade and keep the F-16s around for a longer period of time, they renamed them. Random tidbit i thought i'd share