At least, it was an unbirthday when we celebrated it this weekend! Yesterday was Jace's birthday, and he came down from his busy dental school schedule in Seattle to spend the weekend with his favorite younger brother & family..... I mean us, who else would I mean?! It worked out that my parents were visiting as well and so we had a mini-celebration for Jace's birthday. My Mom cooked up some fantastic fried chicken and we made a cake and sang him a rendition of Happy Birthday that Jace just LOVES (imagine six voices all singing happy birthday as horrible as possible and doing our best to clash, it's really beautiful).
It was fun to have a full house for the evening, and we even convinced Jace to attend sacrament meeting with us on Sunday to witness Keegan's first primary program! Keegan did a great job, delivering his line without any fear or trepidation. The sunbeams were asked to come up with what their favorite thing was that Heavenly Father created about them. Keegan said "My favorite thing that Heavenly Father created about me are my bones and muscles so that I can be a strong firefighter." I loved it, and it was so cute to see him practically leap up to the mic to say his line. He did a great job and we are really proud of him!
Lately we've had a movie night the past few Friday evenings. It's been so fun to snuggle up on the couch with the boys and watch a cute movie. I highly recommend "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything", a classic Veggie Tales movie. It's Keegan's favorite, and even we adults found it pretty humorous.
Boys. Always stuffing their faces.
7 years ago
6 comments:
how CUTE is that picture?! I love it! what a fun idea for friday nights! Perhaps we'll have to adopt an idea like that once ethan gets a bit older...
the primary program!! That is just so sweet and cute! I love his line! :)
It was sure fun to be there for all the festivities. I think Jace assumes we are the WORST birthday singers, but it sure is fun to do it that way just for him. I just wish he had come to the concert with us!!
That's the cutest picture. If we were there, we'd totally crash Friday night movie night. But, I am glad you are spending quality time together.
Nice white trash facial hair Zach!! I also like the way you are flexing to make your arms look bigger. You might be able to fool everyone else, but you can't fool me with those "fake guns"!
- Dan (not Tara)
How fun! Wish I could be there. I don't know about the hair though.
Post a Comment