J+Z

J+Z

K1

K1

K2

K2

K3

K3

About Me

My photo
The stories of our family of 5 living in the Oregon sunshine while Zach gets his PhD. We're on the downhill slide of grad school, so let's get ready to party......

Followers

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Our Miniature Manipulator: Act 1

(Stage is set with a small bedroom upstairs, with a 4 1/2 year old boy lying in it. Mother and Father are downstairs in the living room, catching up on the vital goings-ons in the world - SportsCenter.)

Boy: (screaming) MOM I NEED TO TALK TO YOU!!!! I REALLY NEED TO TALK TO YOU!! MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!! DAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDD!!!

Mom: oh boy. How long is this going to last? We put him to bed like 10 minutes ago and he has been screaming the whole time.

Dad: Don't worry, if he doesn't stop in another 10 minutes, I'll go beat him into submission. And then if he keeps going, I'll wait another 10 minutes and then do it again. isn't that what the experts recommend?

Mom: Good idea. (laughing)

(all is said while boy is still screaming above lines over and over)

Boy: (sneezes) Oh, bless me. (said in a calm, quiet voice, then resumes screaming) MOOOOOMM!! I REALLY NEED TO TALK TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mom & Dad: (begin laughing hard while trying to smother their laughter)

Our kid is an expert manipulator. Isn't yours?

9 comments:

Natalie said...

SO FUNNY! It's all too real!

Tara said...

That is so funny. I can totally hear him in my head as I am reading this. Hilarious.

Autumn said...

Hilarious! I don't know yet about my own, except they do tend to cry really hard and then give me sad puppy dog faces in order to get themselves out of the crib. So maybe. =)

Erin S said...

Did you ever go up there and see what was so important? He cracks me up!

Kim H. said...

Your second boy looks just like the first:) Our kids can manipulate with the best of them.

The Wimpy Mother said...

Oh bless me. lol

Anonymous said...

LOL

thepainterfamily said...

haha...yes...they learn it so early! :)

dixonfamily said...

That Keegan...he's a smart one!! Luckily his parents are on to him!!