Honestly, I usually try not to use my blog as a place to vent, but today I am breaking my rules. AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! We have exactly 1 week until our vacation back east, after which I will immediately fly to Idaho for my sister-in-law's wedding. I am really excited, don't get me wrong. But HELP! Our lease is also coming up for renewal at the beginning of September (which is when I will finally be home). Last night, we found out that they want to jack our already ridiculous rent up another $100+ bucks! Needless to say, that just doesn't cut it for us, so we told them unless they could keep it the same, we would be out. So far, the 'negotiations' haven't gone well, and we spent 3 hours driving around neighborhoods looking for houses for rent, checking out other apartments, and I have spent the whole evening scrolling through craigslist trying to find yet another places to move to. We are going to wait until Monday; if they can't keep the rent the same, Zach will have to pack up (and possibly move) while I am gone. I love where we live, and I love the ward we are in. WE DON'T WANT TO MOVE. I found a house for rent in our ward, but it had already been leased when I called. Grrrr. *sigh* Sorry, it wouldn't be that big of a deal if I wasn't going to be out of the loop for about the next month. Normally, we would have a couple weeks to search out another place, but our vacation cuts down our time. OHHHH well. I know somehow it will all work out; it's just the meantime that is frustrating! Keep your fingers crossed............
7 years ago
14 comments:
No GOOD! I am really sorry! this sounds pretty crazy! Did you find anything out about Westview Heights? Do they have decent rates? I know its in another ward...and that would stink, but I can tell you, it is a good ward! :) For sure the ideal thing would be for your apartment managers to just BE NICE and leave the rent alone! :) Keep us updated and good luck!
well.......this is a good post that lets me comment about how much I hate the Palladia management! We fought with them forever about our rent going up, I even got in a teensy weensy fight with the manager (I still shiver when I think of her). Anyway it was a no-go for us, but keep trying, you never know! Richie would just say that he wanted to call them every single day about it so they would just keep our rent the same so we would leave them alone. Haha. Also, maybe try calling other comparable apt. complexes/townhomes and get some rates from them and tell Palladia if they are lower than them. Good luck, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you won't have to move again!
Oh Jackie, that is so annoying!! I really liked your apartment and how you had it decorated. I would say look at the Verandas, but I doubt they are too much cheaper. Good luck with finding a place and or negotiations with the management, going on vacation, and all that jazz. We sure miss you guys!!
Oh no Jackie!!! I would be pulling out my hair as well. Why would they raise it another $100??? That is insane. I know property taxes are going through the roof, they upped it so much last year, our monthly payment on the house raised a lot. I am sorry :( This won’t help you relax on your vacation either, that is so not fair.
I’ll keep looking for rental houses in the neighborhood!!!
We are going out of town next week too. We are going up to West Virginia for 5 days, and then Colorado for 5 days to see our families, we are SO excited to get a vacation. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help when we get home… If anything you can set up the tent in our backyard for awhile to save on rent. *wink wink*
Moving is very stressful enough without all that other stuff pilled on top. We wish you guys the best of luck!
I guess I should of proof read that comment. Sorry about the "pilled" instead of piled and the "very stressful enough"
Not very grammatically correct, but you know what I meant, right?
I'm sorry Jack, that really sucks. I hope you can find a place in your same ward. I hope your vacation is kinda relaxing ;)
Yeah, we got our notice yesterday too and IT STINKS!!! This place is such a joke. I hope something works out so you can stay here, I love having you so close!
Oh man... that sucks!!!!! I can't even being to imagine what that's like. Fortunately we've had great landlords. Good luck on the hunt! Who knows, maybe you'll find something even better!
I am sorry Jackie. I wish we could be there to watch the boys while you guys shop for a place. Let me know if I can be of assistance from afar. We can find get a hotel if we need to in September if you guys are in the middle of moving. Love ya.
I know this sucks for you...but it might be GREAT for ME! COME TO LIVE BY ME!!!! YES YES YES. ok. that's all. Love ya.
oh ya, and you know that really I want what you think is best for your fam, despite my selfish desires. ok. now that's really all.
Hope things work out for you. You have to stay in the ward. Let me know if I can help at all.
Liiisssttteeenn toooo kkkrrriiisstteeennn...!!! Hahaha, yes, MOVE IN BY US!!!! You know you want to...
Oh dear sister. I feel your pain but the only thing that gives me relife (so you know I can't spell) at a time that is so difficult, is knowing that the lord knows what is best for us and everything happens for a reason. Love you!!
Post a Comment