Thank goodness for good friends. If it wasn't for Amy, I wouldn't have a single picture to post today. I have been the ultimate slacker lately in picture-taking, and haven't taken any pictures for almost 2 weeks. Mostly because we have spent almost everyday at the pool, and I spend the majority of my pool time trying to keep Kayden alive. He enjoys the pool a lot, but mainly from the perspective of running around the edge, trying to climb down the stairs in the pool (that are all underwater for a man of his stature), and diving out of my arms. Thanks Amy!
That's right, summer has finally arrived here. Better late than never, right? Seriously.....after winter weather through most of June (I heard several people call it 'June-uary') this month has redeemed Zach's opinion of Oregon. You can find us at the pool any day after naptime, and some days we go for a lunchtime swim & picnic. The other day, some of us girls (I guess I should call us Moms, but that sounds old...) went for a walk in the morn (all pushin' strollers, yeah, it was quite the sight). After a good long sweaty walk, Keegan had swimming lessons. I sat on the side with Kayden, envying Keegan with all my heart!! Soon as he was done, I packed them up in the car and we raced back home, changed into swimsuits as quick as possible, and ran over to the pool. I WAS SO HOT, soon as we got there, I parked the stroller, left the kids in it, and just jumped in the pool. Ahhhh, sweet relief. It felt great.
Ahh, but the good times never last. I got sick last week, and was laid up on the couch (or bed, whichever was closer at the time) with a fever for 2 days. Thankfully, Zach was able to work close to home for those 2 days, so he helped out a lot. I had a quick recovery, but now Kayden is sick with the same symptoms. He's been running a fever since Friday night, and hopefully it will be gone tomorrow! I'm crossing my fingers. All I hope for is that Keegan gets it this week (or not at all, that would be nice) so that it is done with BEFORE we go on vacation. That's right, the big beach trip is only 10 days away!! Not that I'm counting or anything.........
7 years ago
10 comments:
Cute pool pictures! I love that we can all go walking together and swimming together. Such a perfect day.
Finally a post with only 1 comment instead of 10!! I never comment since everyone else has already said everything I have to say. Anyway...I hope you are all feeling better and have a great time at the beach. Those floaties on the kids look SO huge compared to their little arms. Cute!
Good ol Amy, the group photographer!Geesh you are slacking if these are the cute pictures we're missing out on!Wish we were there to take a dip with you guys :) and the story below about Kayden and signing is so funny, I can totally see this.
What a cute pic of you and your guy!! Also, my kids loved playing with Keegan too. They kept asking for him, and when Jessica came back again, they asked if she brought him. So cute!!
A fever in July?? What a bummer. I'm glad you are feeling better though, it's a lot easier taking care of a sick little one when you are healthy. And so fun about your beach trip!! Sounds like for a few days we'll only be a couple of HUNDRED miles away instead of a couple of THOUSAND! Miss you!
I love the picture of Keegan in his underwear! So fun...I know he and Andrew would get along well. I also love this pic of you and Kayden. Your hair is SUPER cute!! I'm way jealous...
Let me just say, HOT Californian Girl! You are soooooo cute! Of course, my nephews are handsome as well. I can't wait to see you guys. It will be a blast to have you here.
What a great picture of you and your little man! LOVE IT! Glad you're feeling better! Being sick in the summer is so unfair! :)
I wish I could come and take a dip with you-maybe in September if it is warm enough. The dates we are coming are September 19th-23rd. We are counting down the days!
Great pictures of you and the kidlets. I wish I could hang out with you all during the day :( I love summertime, it should be like this every day!
Post a Comment