




I'm a little behind the times here, but I wanted to get this up before it really was too late. Our sweet little Kayde-baby is six months old! Zach was the one who dubbed him with this nickname, and I think it's stuck for the moment. He came home one day and when he said hello to Kayden, he said "Hey there Kayde-baby!" (kay-dee-baby) and now Keegan is always calling him that, and Zach and I. But that is beside the point....My baby is six months old, and I just wanted to reflect on some of the things I have learned from him in the last six months.......
- He is quite possibly the sweetest, most loving little boy alive. I already have a strong feeling that he is going to be one who loves unconditionally. I can't really explain why, but I know he is going to be so loving and accepting of everyone he comes in contact with. When he smiles at me, it seems like it is a smile straight from our Heavenly Father. His smiles are so full of love, sometimes I am brought to tears when he looks at me (even just writing about it). It's a beautiful thing.
- Keegan is fascinating. This is something I have known for a while, although as a mother, I have gotten used to it and occasionally his amazing skills don't amaze me as much as they should.....But Kayden ADORES him. I didn't think it was possible at such a young age to idolize someone, but I think that Kayden does. He loves Keegan tremendously and loves to watch everything he is doing. And Keegan loves it :-) He definitely loves being the big brother.
- I am reminded of how to change a diaper. For those of you who know, you understand. For those of you who don't, let me enlighten you. Every stage Kayden goes through, I have to learn a different way to change his diaper. The newborn stage involves changing without getting drenched from either end, the infant stage means getting changed with squirmy, kicky legs, and now, as I remember so vividly with Keegan, changing as fast as possible with Kayde rolling from side to side, trying to get away from me! Sometimes I think it would be easier to change him upside down and backwards........
- A quiet moment is all it takes. In learning to be a mom of two, I often find myself wanting to pull out my hair, or having it pulled out while Kayden is nursing! But when I have a second to spend with Kayden while Keegan is occupied, we like to lay down on the bed and just chill. We lay on our sides and look at each other and I am reminded of how much I love my son, how much I love my husband, and what a miracle it is that my Father in Heaven trusted me with these precious gifts.
I cannot tell you how much I love my sons, they mean absolutely everything to me. I am so thankful that Heavenly Father gave them to me to look after and teach. I used to be intimidated by the idea of having boys, but I am so glad that I have two. The other night I was putting Keegan to bed and he reached up and gave me a big hug and whispered "I will marry you Mommy!" I think my heart just about burst. I can't wait until my Kayde-baby is old enough to want to marry me too! I have loved the first six months of Kayden's life and I can't wait to find out what will happen in the next. We love you Kayden!
ps. He got his first tooth this morning! And a fabulously Happy Birthday to my Mom today :-)
7 years ago
9 comments:
this is SUCH a sweet post! Way to go on raising two beautiful happy boys...
Ahh way to go beattie!Make me cry into my peanut butter puffs! But you don't have to tell us twice that you love your kids, or your husband.You just radiate that you're a good mom and wife.Those boys are lucky to have you.
I agree with Kristy! you do radiate the beauty of motherhood! What a sweet post! (brought a tear to my eye!)
I would have to say that I think Kayden is a sweetie! He is just one of those babies that you want to squeeze and squeeze, but never really get enough of! I'm a fan! Cute pictures of your little men!
Kayden is a sweet baby. Did you guys ever make it to The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything? I must hear about this from Keegan if you did.
Awww, you have such cute kids! I love that Keegan wants to marry you, what a sweetheart!
Yep, your kids are pretty awesome! I must admit, I am SO grateful that you guys have let me crash with you. I love walking in the door and hearing the K's excited. Somehow, some day I will be able to pay you guys back for what you are doing for me. Love you!
Your kids are so adorable! You have such an insightful way of describing motherhood...I love it!!
Keep the posts coming ;)
Way to go Mom. Those precious gifts from H.F. are the best and worth every min. I know exactly how you feel. I can't believe mine are so grown. I miss them being little but our life is still filled with excitement. Oh and crushes. I get calls at my desk from my Morg "Mom, Jake doesn't love me anymore, what do I do now." Yep all most 11 and startin' those crushes. Oh my.
Post a Comment