



So a few days ago, some of my girlfriends and I were having a little "girls night" and had some fun getting-to-know-you questions. One of them was "what's your scariest moment," and I think I now have a new one. This afternoon we were at the park across the street from our apartment where we have played a thousand times. Keegan was climbing up this ladder on the playground, and I think his foot must have slipped off one of the rungs. I was tending to Kayden at the moment so I didn't see it (I feel really awful about it). I think he smacked his chin on the rung as he fell and it sent his inner bottom lip right up into his top teeth. Next thing I knew, he was running at me screaming with blood all over his mouth. He has cut his mouth open before, but this was awful! I have to admit, I never thought I would be one to panic in a situation like that and usually I don't - Zach does the worrying, and I am the one to be calm and clear-headed. But Zach wasn't there to panic for me, so I gladly did it for him. Thankfully, Kristen was there to pass me a clean diaper (that was all we had!) to hold to his mouth to soak up the blood. It looked pretty bad, and both Kristen and I thought he needed to be seen by a doc. But after calling Zach and Zach's dad, Todd (who is a paramedic/fireman), getting some Tylenol Meltaways (thanks again to Kristen) and some ice, it looked slightly better. He is one tough kid. He recovered quicker than I thought he would! Anyway, it was super scary to have my little boy streaming blood from his mouth. These pictures really don't do it justice. I couldn't get a good shot of it. It looks pretty hideous, there is some fatty tissue sticking up out of it.Note the blood all over his shirt too. Poor guy! But Keegan really liked the Tylenol Meltaways, he kept telling me that his mouth hurt and he needed more medicine. Guess I should definitely keep those some where WAY out of his reach. I couldn't resist adding the last pic of Kayden after his bath - doesn't he look ready for a boxing match? The truth is, Kayden bopped Keeg on the lip ;-) riiiiight.
7 years ago
2 comments:
Oh my gosh! I can't believe all of that happened after I left!! I'm sorry I wasn't there to help :( I'm glad Keegan is ok though, and I have a new scariest moment now too...Isaac darting across the forest and almost into the street!
Oh man that looks like it hurts! I would be so scared to see Jacob bleeding like that. Such a cute picture of Kaden, I like his cheeks. Are you making brownies tonight? I'm bored and wanna come play Uno and eat brownies!!! e-mail me your phone number so I can call you!
Post a Comment