This post is late. Really late. In a week, you will be 5 months. Sorry, buddy, but it's not my fault! You and your brothers won't stop getting sick!!
We celebrated your 4-month mark by heading to the ER and being admitted to the hospital with RSV. You had a rough go of it, and after being in the doctor office daily for about 3 days, they got sick of us (ha, ha) and sent us to the hospital. It was sad, but I was slightly relieved to have you be admitted. It was nerve-wracking to be at home and not know if you were breathing too fast, too hard, getting dehydrated, etc, etc. The doctors and nurses all loved you, and nicknamed you "the Happy Wheezer." You sounded like a horrible chain-smoker with emphysema, but you would still attempt to grin at anyone who walked up to you. You didn't even cry too hard when they put in an IV! It made for an eventful Easter weekend, but I was so thankful for Grandma dropping all her plans and coming to stay with your older brothers while I stayed at the hospital with you and Daddy went back and forth between home and hospital. Luckily, we were only in there for 2 days and 1 night, whew! It was long enough......
Your fourth month also found you with your first road trip under your belt! With the passing of Grandpa Jay, you and I headed to Utah with Aunt Jessie for his memorial service and to be with family. Daddy (amazing, wonderful Daddy) stayed home with your older brothers and survived his first week alone with them! It was hard for me to be away from Daddy and the older boys for so long (the longest I've ever left them) but it was really fun to have only you for a week. We snuggled lots, visited lots of family, and gave you a week of a slightly upset stomach from all the Cafe Rio Mommy had to eat while in Utah! Apparently, eating spicy food daily didn't agree with you........but man, I sure enjoyed it!!!
Baby Tia, 6 weeks, Bricey, 2 years, Kyler, 3 1/2 months
While in Utah, you also were lucky enough to meet your future wife!!!! We got to spend the night at our good friends, the Mayonnaises! (names have been changed to protect the innocent) It was SO fun to see Dan and Tara, see how much Bricey has grown up (the last time I saw her she was just about 14 months, and now she's two!!), and get to meet new little Tia. It was so funny to be around the 'girly' element for a little bit! I spent the night there before my Grandpa's service, and when I came out of the bathroom from showering and getting ready to go to his funeral, Bricey came up to me (wearing my high heels) and goes "Ooooh, pretty!!" She's so cute! Tara and I have great plans for our kids to get together - at least you can all be good friends, right?!
So...are our Moms crazy, or what?
As always, you are sweet, beautiful, and so loving. I can feel your love radiating from your sweet little body. Your brothers love you to pieces, and can't stay away from you - even when you are sick, which explains why they both got sick as well!! Just sharing the love, I guess.
Kyler, you are so wonderful, I feel so spoiled to be your mother. I'm so lucky to have you and your sweet brothers as my sons, Daddy and I love you all so much!
7 years ago
3 comments:
oh man...the picture with his future wife...so awesome.
and 4 words for you Jackie...
you are a BABE!
i like your headband!
Okay so no offense to Tara, but the way that her pinky finger is lying on your arm made me think it was her thumb and not pinky. Hence, this is the wrong hand on your shoulder so either she had a freak accident and when they sewed her hands back on they put her right hand on her left arm, or that isn't her hand at all. It is just some random disembodied hand sitting on your arm.
Post a Comment