So in my blogging hiatus, I have overlooked a few highlights of the K's and my Idaho adventure. Quite possibly the most important highlights, aside from the fantastic wedding. Perhaps the following picture may give you a clue.........
How could I forget the visit to Bwana's fire station?! It was AWESOME. How many people do you know have actually ridden in the fire truck? Well, WE DID! Keegan had the place of honor in Bwana's lap in the front seat. Kayden and I were seated in the middle (slightly illegally, but hey, it's not like the fire truck was going to get in an accident) and Aunt Auty and Uncle Loren were in the back jump seats. It was so cool! I have to admit, even I was starstruck by the whole experience. Zach was jealous when Keegan told him. I think he said "I've never gotten to do that!" Keegan was IN HEAVEN. He got to flip on the sirens and push the air horn. He and Bwana had on the headsets, and Keegan was able to listen to Bwana tell dispatch that "Engine 1 is out of use for the moment." Then he and Bwana just chatted back and forth on the headsets. Even Kayden loved it, and he hardly even jumped when the sirens turned on. Seems like they are both pretty natural at this fireman stuff.....
After our ride, Keegan got to do a favorite fireman pastime - ping pong! Or table tennis, which is it really? He and Bwana played, and Keegan is actually quite good. Sugar Mama would say he has a "killer" serve. But really, I was impressed at how he could return the ball several times in a row. Kayden just loved wandering around the station and looking for trouble (the usual for him).
We also had a quick Labor Day weekend trip up to Island Park, where we got to stay in Krista's parents cabin (Krista = sis-in-law). It was SO fun, Keegan loved causing a ruckus with his cousins, Kai and Alix, and we all had a blast going out on the four-wheelers and the RZR (pronounced razor), this cool little side-by-side off-roader. It was so fun for me to be able to do this with Keegan! Without Zach being there, Keegan wanted me to take him on everything (normally he would have been begging Daddy) and I actually really enjoyed doing something "cool" with him.
Uncle Josh taking Keegan and Alix out on a ride
Kayden was in awe of the noisy machines. No, he didn't ride on ANY.
The RZR. SO MUCH FUN.
Our visitor - right next to the house!
Uncle Jace and his little buds, Kayden and Porter.
And last but not least, on our way home via the SLC airport, we got to stop at our dear friends Dan & Tara and hang out for a few hours. THANKS a ton for arranging to meet and letting us crash at your house - it was fantastic! Plus, mmmm, the food was great!!! Keegan loved swinging on their huge tree swing out front, and Kayden much appreciated his nap inside (as did I). This brings a close to our Idaho trip recap!
7 years ago
8 comments:
How cute! I love the fire truck photos. Mark's brother is a volunteer firefighter/EMT in West virginia so we got to crawl all over their trucks, it was super fun!
Love all of the pictures, I have tried calling you this past week about going up to Sunriver again, call me when you find time, or email me!
Love you <3
oh man...those fire truck pics are priceless! what a fun time! Seriously, can I tag a long on all your fun trips next summer!? you guys know how to party!
Ohhh, that last picture is beautiful!
I don't know where else to answer your question so I'll post it here. I take lessons at Harmony on Nash Ave out 53rd st. But I'm switching to Innavale Farm so I can learn jumping. I'm sooooooooo excited!!
Holy Cow! You guys have been busy having a great time!! I am so glad that you survived the summer, all the traveling, and moving to a new place. Your boys are so cute, and Kayden especially is so blonde!! We sure miss you guys! We haven't met any "Beatties" here yet, but honestly no one can replace you guys anyway. Love ya!
Wow! what fun! I am soooooo jealous of the off-roading! Dang, some people have all the fun! ;)
Looks like a blast. How did you get the "1 day ago" under your family and friends list? That is so cool that it tells you when the blog was last updated.
I think that first picture of Keegan in front of the fire truck should win some type of reward, that is just too dang cute! Are you guys going to be coming to Corvallis any time soon?! Where exactly are you living now? I knew you were moving, still in Portland?
Post a Comment