J+Z

J+Z

K1

K1

K2

K2

K3

K3

About Me

My photo
The stories of our family of 5 living in the Oregon sunshine while Zach gets his PhD. We're on the downhill slide of grad school, so let's get ready to party......

Followers

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

We love Mayonnaise!




Why do we love mayonnaise? Because that is what Keegan dubbed our friends. This weekend we had Dan & Tara M. visiting. Before they left us and moved to Hooper (disclaimer from Zach: please pronounce it hOOp-er, as in the "oo" sound from boo), Keegan called them the Mayonnaise's. It is somewhat similar-sounding to their last name, but it was funny when one day he called Dan "John Mayonnaise" which isn't really close to his name at all.
It was a BLAST to have them here. We absolutely love them, and Tara had been Keeg's sunbeam teacher until they moved, so Keegan loves them too! They have a sweet little daughter, Bricey, who is the cutest thing ever, especially because her Momma dresses her up SO DARN CUTE! Dan and Zach bonded over many a football game, Tara and I went out for some girl bonding (aka, we got manicures!), and we had a fun date night Saturday evening, many thanks to Megan, who watched the kiddos!
Sunday, after church we had some other friends over for dinner and cake & ice cream to celebrate Zach's belated birthday. We didn't do much on his 'official' birthday, because we were waiting for our friends to PARTY with. It was worth the wait! I did take Zach out to try on some new jeans, as with all of his marathon training he is getting pretty skinny! I forced him out of his comfort zone with some boot cut jeans, as oppsed to his usual baggy/loose fitting style. It was a success.....he looked so good I decided he could use 2 pairs :-) Lookin' good babe!
The weekend was topped off with the boys having a little more football/wii time on Monday night, while we girls watched a chick flick after settling the kids in bed. Zach was a little bummed to miss out on the annual golfing this morning due to an unforeseen conference call, but we finished out the day with lunch at Costa Vida (mmmmm!). It was so much fun, and we really wish they didn't have to leave!! Thanks for your visit, we loved having you! COME BACK SOON!

PS. Any other friends who have left the great state of OREGON (or Idaho, or Utah) are welcome at our place ANY TIME!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, boot cut jeans! lol

dixonfamily said...

Sounds like a great weekend!! I'm so glad you guys got to have a whole weekend to play with the Mannings. Their little girly is sure cute!! What fun to get to hang out. Happy late Birthday to Zach.

ollie said...

Mayonaise... that's so great! I loved that he called him "John Mayonaise" when John wasn't even his name! What a cute kid!

Oh... I didn't tell you... my mom forced me to read Twilight when we were at her house this past weekend, and I'm already on the 4th book (yes, that's right... it's only been 6 days. I'm sooooo in love! lol!)

Autumn said...

Is that a picture of you guys in front of your new house? I love it! I want to see more picts. of the front. Loren and I, along with the boys, will definitely have to come out and visit sometime when our funds allow.