J+Z

J+Z

K1

K1

K2

K2

K3

K3

About Me

My photo
The stories of our family of 5 living in the Oregon sunshine while Zach gets his PhD. We're on the downhill slide of grad school, so let's get ready to party......

Followers

Friday, February 22, 2008

SUPER good marinade

Alright, I just have to pass this along. It's been a little while since I have made it, and I can't take any credit for it. Here is the truth: I got this recipe from Kristen Mason!! I think she got it from her mom, who is one of the cutest gals I've ever met. I generally use this marinade for salmon, but it is also fabulous with chicken. Zach doesn't like fish, so I usually separate it and marinate fish in one bowl and chicken in the other! This is SO SO SO GOOD!!

Teriyaki Marinade

3 Tb sesame seeds
3 Tb canola oil
1/4 C soy sauce
2 Tb brown sugar
1/2 C finely sliced green onions (I usually do less - like 1/4 c)
1 clove garlic, chopped/pressed/minced, whatever you like!
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp ginger

Combine; marinate for at least 2 hours. Grill! Being the sad apartment dwellers that we are, I usually use the Foreman grill. I'm hoping to branch out into the real grilling world sometime soon - we do have a little deck we could put it on! But really, this is super yummy, and I love it! Thanks Kristen!
I love sharing recipes and trying new stuff, so feel free to share some!

1 comment:

thepainterfamily said...

(ohh this does look yummy!) I love the "fascinating fishies"!! What a fun day! your boys are beautiful!