
This week, Zach has been coming home later than usual because of school. He's really busy with his research and is running tests and experiments that he has to wait around for them to be done before he can leave. He usually gets home around 6pm, just in time for dinner. Lately, he hasn't been home until 7pm or later, depending on the day - which is bed time for the boys! The other night, I think we all realized just how much we have really been missing him! He came home, and we graciously let him scarf down some supper (after giving him hugs and kisses and welcoming him home). After he ate, he picked up Kayden and went and sat down in his chair in the living room. I made him scoot over so that I could squeeze in with him too, and as soon as I sat down, Keegan climbed up too! I didn't have a camera with me at the time, but I wish I had! Here was Zach, worn out after a rough day, and he had all three of us squashing him in our effort to spend some time with him! Keegan was half sitting on me and had his arms wrapped around Zach's neck, and here was little Kayden, in Zach's arms, just staring up at his Daddy with the biggest grin on his face. I don't think Kayden looked away from Zach for 10 minutes. It was cute to see that even he had missed his Daddy a ton!! We are so thankful for Zach and his hard work - but we sure love it when he comes home!!! WE LOVE YOU DADDY!!!! xoxoxoxo
7 years ago
6 comments:
Jackie, I love your blog! I'm so glad you found mine. It's fun to see your little Kayden, since him and Josh are so close in age. It's amazing he has over doubled his weight. Josh hasn't done that yet, but he was 9 lbs. when he was born, so it might be another couple months until he hits the 18-pound mark. Anyway, hope you and your cute family are doing well. Take care, Jamie Schipaanboord
That is so cute!I bet it just melted Zach's heart.Gavin runs to the gate at the top of the stairs when aj is getting ready to leave for work and just stares at him, wiggling his little fingers through the holes, then cries when he walks out the door. It's so sweet to see their attachment to daddy even though it's us they see most the day.
awwwww... what a sweet and tender moment. I really wish we had the opportunity to get to know Zach better. He sounds like an amazing father and husband. Not too many guys like him around anymore...
what a sweet family...and a lovely memory!
Dads are the best, after Moms that is. Ha Ha! I really think it makes our husbands feel so good when they come home and receive such a warm welcome and know that we missed them. It stinks having Jeff gone all the time, but when he comes home we appreciate him that much more. Thank goodness for the husbands and dads in our lives.
awwww
Post a Comment