
Or monkey bars. On Wednesday, one week since Keegan finished kindergarten (more on that later), he fell off the evil monkey bars at the park and broke his left arm. Neither Zach or I were close by because I was heading up a Cub Scout pack meeting and Zach was helping me. Keegan calmly walked over to Zach and stated "Dad, I broke my arm." Zach thought he as just being dramatic until he took his hand off his arm and we saw it was in a u-shape just above his wrist. The tough guy never cried at all!

Thankfully, one of my den leaders is a nurse and we were surrounded by friends who helped us get into the car and take our other kids. We made a great improv splint and headed off to the children's hospital again. They were so quick and had him xrayed and set in a little over an hour. He had a conscious sedation which mommy couldn't handle! I left the room while Zach stayed.

He is doing great all things considered. He has a temporary splint until Monday, when he will get a full cast. The cast will be with us for the majority of the summer. Poor Keegan!!!!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
6 comments:
Bummer! Anna broke her wrist at the start of summer when she was 2 1/2. No fun. He looks like a tuff kid though and didn't loose his smile. Adorable :)
He is adapting so quick. There is no stopping that boy!! Besides now he has lots of excuses to read!! Wait til he gets to Grandma's. Lots of workbooks and watching the construction guys!!
Poor Keegan. We cannot wait to see him and give him lots of love.
oh poor keegan! I LOVE the last picture with his arm propped up and he's reading a book! I have a feeling that is how the summer will look :)
I haven't read the blog in so long that I had fun playing catch up. In fact, I really should update mine some. So, are you cubmaster? I just received the calling as Bear Den Leader. Yeah, I am totally new to it, so any advice is good. Hang in there Keegster, just not on the monkey bars please. You are a tough guy! Love you guys lots!!!
Hey Keeg my friend. YOU DA MAN!!!
Post a Comment