J+Z

J+Z

K1

K1

K2

K2

K3

K3

About Me

My photo
The stories of our family of 5 living in the Oregon sunshine while Zach gets his PhD. We're on the downhill slide of grad school, so let's get ready to party......

Followers

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I Love.....



YOU.
I almost forgot to post this. Six years ago, yesterday, March 9, Zach proposed to me. It's funny, because I remember being a little irritated with him, because I had asked him to come to church with me the day before, and he said he couldn't. I was a little miffed because even though we went to our own wards while dating (something they asked you to do at BYU-I), on some occasions we would go with each other. It was Stake Conference for me, and so it wasn't interfering with his church time. He said he couldn't go, and couldn't come up with any good excuse. I guess maybe he was just too nervous to see me before he had to go through with the big question.........
Either way, I still said yes when he asked me to marry him (like I would have said no?! not a chance). It was funny because he had been playing with the ring in his pocket and so when he got down on one knee and went to take it out of his pocket, it got stuck on his pinky finger. My fingers are tiny compared to his, so I cracked up that he had been 'trying it on'.

I love you Zach. If you asked me again right now, I would still say yes. Things have only been better since you came around.

5 comments:

Valerie: said...

haha that is funny! Is that a recent pic of him in the snow?? My mom said they got snow not that long ago. I can't believe how much you have gotten there. I wish we would get some for a day or so and then it can melt.

Peggy Glasmann said...

Was it Saturday night that he couldn't go with you to Stake Conf? Cuz he stayed home to call his future father-in-law for permission to marry you!! Of course the phone call ended with a threat of bodily harm if he ever did anything to hurt you! Fun memories!! Your brother thought the post was funny because he can't even remember the day he proposed!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl! Does it surprise me to see Zach in the snow in shorts? No. What a cute proposal story... Ryan's and mine happened on March 15th, so maybe I should blog about that to surprise him. It's so fun to remember those moments! It sounds like you are so busy, but having fun with those boys! Call if you come to town!
Jules

dixonfamily said...

Oh, so cute!!!! We love Zach too...in a purely platonic way!! I love that he was "trying on" your ring!

Autumn said...

Fun! I forgot about the whole ring incident. We are all so glad to have you a part of our family!!!